Hampden's 34th Street Holiday Decorations Gain National Prominence
See "Over the Top Holiday" on HGTV!
The Hampden community, which as of last year became a National Historic District, is known, among other things, for its stunning block of holiday lights and decorations on 34th Street between Keswick Road and Chestnut Avenue. This attraction, which at its peak can cause a good-natured traffic jam as onlookers gather by car as well as on foot, has now made the national scene. HGTV is filming a special on what Baltimoreans call the "Miracle on 34th Street," and what HGTV is calling "Over the Top Holiday." It is to be aired at the following times:
- Sun., December 17, 2006 9:00 PM ET/PT
- Mon., December 18, 2006 1:00 AM ET/PT
- Thurs., December 21, 2006 9:00 PM ET/PT
- Fri., December 22, 2006 1:00 AM ET/PT
- Sun., December 24, 2006 8:00 PM ET/PT
- Mon., December 25, 2006 12:00 AM ET/PT
- Mon., December 25, 2006 9:00 AM ET/PT
Copyright © 2006 The Baltimore Chronicle. All rights reserved.
Republication or redistribution of Baltimore Chronicle content is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
This story was published on December 13, 2006.