Spread the information online that transfers to each person’s account will be taxed at 18%.
Chairman of the tax office on his intention to impose a new tax on Ukrainians 18 percent.
“Another expert, in the usual attempt to find a cheap hype, wrote on his Facebook that every transfer to the account of each person in accordance with the national income strategy approved by the government will be taxed at 18%… Knowing the answer, I re-read the strategy myself. Apparently I didn’t find it. “, wrote Getmantsev.
The official also urged not to trust unverified information.
The Cabinet of Ministers recently approved the National Revenue Strategy for 2024-2030. This was one of the structural “beacons” for continued cooperation with the International Monetary Fund.
Subsequently, Anatoly Amelin, director of economic programs at the Ukrainian Institute of the Future analytical center, said that the government strategy envisages a new tax for Ukrainians.
According to him, any receipts to an individual’s card will allegedly be subject to a tax of 18%.
What is the National Revenue Strategy
The “National Revenue Strategy” (NSS) will determine how the state will live for the next six years and finance their needs, reducing dependence on partners.
This is a plan in which the government includes further reforms of the tax and customs systems and thanks to which Ukraine should become more financially independent.
The state will make unpopular decisions, in particular on raising taxes, only after the appropriate conditions have been created. First of all, the government must take two steps.
- The first is to ensure confidentiality and depersonalization of taxpayer data and transfer their administration to the Ministry of Finance.< /b>li>
- A month before the adoption of the document, the Ministry of Finance explained that, as part of the implementation of the strategy, they planned to take away from the State Tax Service the ability to “see” which company is behind a particular tax number.
- The second step is to introduce risk-oriented approaches to the work of the State Tax Service, which should form the basis for the activities of this body. This measure will include changes in the organizational structure of the tax office and the introduction of IT solutions to automate tax risk management.
- In addition, the document talks about strengthening the virtue of the State Tax Service. Creating a positive image of this body is called one of the priority areas of tax administration reform. After changes in the work of the State Tax Service, the state will move to increasing taxes. In particular, these are:
- Prohibition of a simplified taxation system for legal entities. The third group will be merged with the second, and for legal entities in it, the tax rate will be gradually increased to 18% over three years.
- Increasing rates of the simplified system for individual entrepreneurs. For individual entrepreneurs who are in the second and third groups (and after the reform – in the combined second group), diversified rates will be introduced – from 3% to 17% of income depending on the type of activity.
- Narrowing of the first simplified group systems. The number of activities that can be carried out under the simplified taxation system will be narrowed. The single tax for the first group will be revised: instead of a fixed amount, entrepreneurs will pay a percentage of income.
- All “simplified” people will be required to use PPO and keep records of the origin of goods.
- Reform of the system of tax incentives and discounts. They offer to receive a refund of the tax paid for expenses on independent improvement of living conditions, own business, treatment, education.
- Increase in excise taxes on fuel, alcohol, tobacco products to the minimum level of rates in force in the EU.
- Increase tax rates through an environmental carbon tax (this measure is planned to be implemented after the end of the war).
In addition, customs will also undergo reform.