One, thanks to bribery, wanted to “knock out” money for the renovation of the university where he works as rector, and the other needed additional funding for the work.
SAPO and NABU completed an investigation in two criminal proceedings against current people's deputies and the head of a business entity, exposed for providing unlawful benefits to the Vice Prime Minister for Reconstruction of Ukraine – Minister of Development of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure of Ukraine and the Chairman of the State Agency for Reconstruction and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine . We are talking about people's deputies Sergei Labazyuk from the group “For the Future” and Andrei Odarchenko from “Servant of the People”.
This was reported by the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office (SAP).
Odarchenko offered a bribe to the top official to ensure that the Interdepartmental Working Group made a decision to allocate funds from the fund for liquidation of the consequences of armed aggression for the repair of university buildings, where the people's representative continues to hold a position. rector (whose contract was suspended). The proposed bribe amount should be 8% of the funding.
The suspect subsequently provided the top official with a private bribe: 0.39 Bitcoin, which was equivalent to $10,000 at the time of the transaction. Currently, three episodes of criminal activity have been documented.
Labazyuk, in agreement with the director of the joint-stock company, offered top officials a bribe for the allocation of 1 billion UAH of additional financing for the work carried out by the specified company controlled by them. The proposed amount of improper benefit should be from 3% to 5% of the funding.
As reported by the department, after some time part of the bribe, 150 thousand dollars, was transferred.
The actions of all exposed persons are qualified under Part 4 of Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
The SAPO noted that the Deputy Prime Minister for the Reconstruction of Ukraine – the Minister of Development of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure of Ukraine and the Chairman of the State Agency for Reconstruction and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine collaborated with NABU and the SAPO and contributed to the investigation.
What crimes? says:
- In November, the High Anti-Corruption Court took into custody the People's Deputy of the Verkhovna Rada from the Servant of the People Andriy Odarchenko, suspected of attempting to bribe Mustafa Nayem, head of the State Reconstruction Agency and infrastructure development.
- However, Odarchenko denied the attempt at bribery, citing the fact that Nayem seemed to teach him how to use cryptogaman.
- At that time, Servant of the People expelled People's Deputy Odarchenko, suspected of corruption, from the ranks of the party.
- Sergiy Labazyuk from the group “For the Future” was also exposed in November . The current MP, who is the owner of a large construction and agricultural business, tried to bribe officials in the field of restoration.
- It subsequently became known that Labazyuk was released on bail on the day the preventive measure was elected. More than 40 million hryvnia were contributed for the people's deputy.