We are talking about the confiscation of stakes in two enterprises.
The High Anti-Corruption Court upheld the claim of the Ministry of Justice for the recovery of the assets of the Russian-Greek oligarch Ivan Savvidi and his wife Kiriyaki.
This was reported by the Anti-Corruption Center.
As the message says, the decision was made by a panel of judges consisting of Alexey Kravchuk, Inna Belous and Evgeniy Kruk.
According to the Civil Procedure Code, the following assets were confiscated:
- 100% of the corporate shares of PrJSC ” Pentopak”, which is one of the leaders in the production of packaging for meat and sausage products.
- 100% of the corporate rights of the subsidiary Atlantis-Pack Ukraine.
“In this case, it was not without the efforts of the CPC and Automaidan, because we prepared appropriate appeals regarding Savvidi. We pointed out that Savvidi’s wife is the nominal owner of a number of companies in Ukraine, although the business is actually owned by her husband,” the Center noted.
Subsequently, the Ministry of Justice prepared a lawsuit.
“If the decision survives the appeal, then the ball will then be in the field of the State Property Fund, since the confiscated enterprise works, pays taxes and has a team of 200 people. We will monitor the Fund's actions regarding this asset,” noted CBK.
Who is Ivan Savvidi
- Ivan Savvidi is a Russian entrepreneur of Greek origin, closely associated with the Russian authorities and the United Russia party. Savvidi was twice elected as a deputy of the State Duma of the Russian Federation from the United Russia party, publicly welcomed the annexation of Crimea by Russia, and sponsored a number of Russian-patriotic festivals on the peninsula.
- In addition, it supports the “leadership” of the temporarily occupied Ukrainian territories and provides them with logistical and technical support. In particular, in April 2022, he sent cars and generators to the self-proclaimed “DPR”, for which he received personal gratitude from the leaders of this group.
- In 2020, Putin awarded Savvidi an order for his success.
- Savvidi is the president of the Federal National-Cultural Autonomy of the Greeks of Russia. Through the company, he provides ideological support for the actions of the Russian Federation. He has been doing this systematically since 2014.
- According to Trap Aggressor, Savvidi took 83rd place in the Russian Forbes 2021 list with a total fortune of $1.7 billion. He is also a shareholder in the food group Agrokom, and owns the Greek football club PAOK, the seaport of Thessaloniki and other businesses in Greece.
- Kiriyaki's wife Savvidi is one of the richest women in the Rostov region of the Russian Federation. She is the nominal owner of a number of companies, and the business is actually owned by her husband Ivan Savvidi. She indirectly, through the legal entity Kosteram Holdings Limited, owns PJSC Pentopak and State Enterprise Atlantis-Pak Ukraine.