Yesterday, January 31, the exchange rate of the American currency, after long “jumps,” began to fall again, and now it has become known how long this trend will last.
About the fact that this month, the situation on the domestic currency market of Ukraine will be somewhat better than what was recorded in the past weeks of the winter season, writes NBN, citing the forecast of the head of the treasury department of Globus Bank Taras Lesovoy, published by 24-Channel.
According to Lesovoy, in the last month of winter, the situation on the currency market of our country will probably move into a more optimistic phase than was observed in December or in January, which was provoked by:
- exerting information pressure on the NBU;
- “exhausting” hysterical “stuffing” regarding the funding deficit from the state budget.
In addition, direct economic preconditions will also have an impact , on which the market will depend in February:
- operation of the “managed flexibility” regime on the “interbank”;
- implementation of the National Bank’s strategy regarding the subsequent convergence of interbank rates and cash market;
- volumes of financial support received from partner countries and the regularity of receiving funds.
The Globus Bank analyst emphasized that in February we should expect some stability from foreign currencies on the interbank market: in ;range from 37 hryvnia to 39 hryvnia per dollar and from 40.5 hryvnia to 42.5 hryvnia per euro. At the same time, the cash exchange rate will “freeze” in the corridors: dollar – from 37.5 hryvnia to 39.5 hryvnia, and euro – from 40 hryvnia to 43 hryvnia.
Earlier, we wrote that the financier revealed the reason for the depreciation of the dollar, making a forecast before end of winter.