The Cabinet of Ministers submitted to the Verkhovna Rada a bill on improving mobilization and military registration.
Source: message from the representative of the Cabinet of Ministers in the Verkhovna Rada Taras Melnichuk, hromadske
Verbatim: “The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, as a subject of legislative initiative, is registered in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine:
Draft Law “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Regarding the Improvement of Certain Issues of Mobilization, Military Registration and Military Service”
Details: The bill is registered on the Verkhovna Rada website under number 10378. Currently its text is not on the parliament website. Melnichuk also said that the government registered in the Rada a bill “On amendments to the Code of Ukraine on Administrative Offenses and the Criminal Code of Ukraine regarding strengthening liability for military offenses.”
Updated : Hromadske journalists managed to download the explanatory note before the Verkhovna Rada website became unavailable.
According to them, in particular, we are talking about:
- change of conscription age from 27 to 25 years;
- improving the procedure for military registration of conscripts, those liable for military service and reservists;
- providing the opportunity for military personnel released from captivity to rest and undergo recovery by providing them with additional leave with continued pay for a period of 90 calendar days;
- exclusion of conscript military service as a type of military service. Yes, it is proposed to transfer all conscripts to the reserve;
- established, those liable for military service who served during the legal regime of martial law and were discharged from service into the reserve are not subject to conscription for military service during mobilization for two years from the date of dismissal from military service. Such persons during the specified period may be called up for military service with their consent;
- exclusion from the list of conclusions of military medical commissions of the conclusion on limited suitability for military service;
- introduction of basic combined arms training for citizens of Ukraine for up to 3 months for all citizens aged 18 to 25 years at all educational institutions;
- introduction of basic military service at will until the age of 25 for those who have not completed basic combined arms training;
- establishing restrictions on the rights of Ukrainian citizens who evade military registration and military service;
- involving administrative service centers, employment centers and recruiting centers in recruitment measures for military service.
The bill also proposes that a summons to the territorial center for recruitment and social support can be sent to a citizen through the electronic account of a conscript, a person liable for military service and a reservist, or by email.
This bill must be considered in parliament. Therefore, offers are subject to change.
- On Monday, the leader of the Servant of the People faction, David Arakhamia, said that the Cabinet of Ministers should have submitted a bill on mobilization to the Rada on December 25. Arakhamia said that the military leadership had made a request to mobilize 500 thousand troops.
- Earlier it also became known that the military, at one of the last rates, proposed to mobilize an additional 450-500 thousand people, but now this issue is being finalized. President Vladimir Zelensky announced this.