The countries will develop joint projects in this area.
Andres Spruds and Rustem Umerov
< p>As stated in Umerov’s message on the social network X, he informed Spruds about the current situation on the battlefield with an emphasis on the use of electronic warfare and UAVs.
The head of the Ukrainian department also thanked his colleague for Latvia’s active steps in developing a coalition of drones. “We will increase the production of UAVs and develop joint projects in this area,” Umerov added.
As you know, last month Latvia proposed creating a coalition of drones to strengthen the Ukrainian military. Spruds, at a meeting with Umerov, discussed the expansion of training programs for the Ukrainian military with Latvian instructors, countering Russian information attacks and other projects to strengthen the capabilities of the Ukrainian defense forces.
What other coalitions have the allies formed to support Ukraine in the war against Russia
- Germany and France, for example, took the lead in creating a coalition to strengthen the ground-based air defense of Ukraine.
- In January of this year, 120 hours after the meeting of the Contact Group on the Defense of Ukraine in Ramstein, Germany, it began working coalition on Leopard tanks.
- In the spring it became known that Great Britain and the Netherlands would work to create an international coalition of fighters.
- In July, the then Minister of Defense of Ukraine Alexey Reznikov announced the formation of a coalition to train Ukrainian pilots on F-16 fighters. This coalition included 11 states and Ukraine. They signed a memorandum outlining all the conditions for the training process.
- Great Britain and Norway led a maritime coalition that will supply ships and vehicles to strengthen Ukraine's ability to operate at sea.