Those military personnel who come after the exercises to their military units, operational-tactical groups, continue training immediately before carrying out a combat mission.
The Armed Forces of Ukraine have the opportunity to train 100, 200 or 500 thousand mobilized.
This was stated by the commander of the training of the Ground Forces Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Major General Viktor Nikolyuk, in an interview with Radio Liberty.
< >500 thousand, 100 thousand, 200 thousand – as determined by the law on mobilization, we are ready. Today, for example, we constantly hold relevant events, official meetings are held, where the actual capabilities of all training centers and the real state of the instructor staff are clarified, because a significant part is involved in areas where combat missions are performed. But as of today, we are able to train any number of personnel,” Nikolyuk said.
According to him, if we analyze how many military personnel we were able to train abroad and on the territory of Ukraine, then “this is, let’s say, , 20% abroad, the rest are prepared here.”
“There is a corresponding decision of the President, the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which clearly states that everyone mobilized who joins the armed forces must undergo basic combined arms training. This decision is carried out unconditionally. There are corresponding programs. Of course, previously these were training programs during several months. As of today, the training programs have been somewhat reduced, adjustments have been made based on the practical component, the emphasis is on the practical component,” the major general noted.
Nikolyuk added that those servicemen who come to their military units, operational-tactical groups after the exercises, continue training immediately before performing a combat mission. “For at least 2-3 weeks, or even more than a month, they are trained directly to carry out combat missions,” the commander said.
Meanwhile, the parliament should consider the bill on mobilization in the first reading on February 6, said the head of the Servant of the People faction in parliament, David Arakhamia.
- The General Staff, the Ministry of Defense and deputies have been working on the mobilization bill for several months. The first edition of the document proposed abolishing military service, obliging all citizens of Ukraine, and therefore women, to register, and reducing the mobilization age from 27 to 25. They did not propose demobilization, but provided for rest for those who are defending Ukraine now.
- The relevant parliamentary committee began considering a new mobilization bill on January 4. Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valery Zaluzhny, Chief of the General Staff Sergei Shaptala and Defense Minister Rustem Umerov then came to report.
- At the committee meeting, they decided to remove the norm allowing subpoenas to be sent by email, said Deputy Chairman of the Defense Committee Yegor Chernovtsy . According to him, it is impossible to control and it is impossible to find out whether a person received such a summons. There was also a question about the conscription of people with disabilities – the Rada wants that, as before, all groups of such persons are not subject to mobilization. David Arakhamia reported that the draft law on mobilization was returned for revision by the Cabinet of Ministers.
- On January 15, Deputy Minister of Defense Natalya Kalmykova stated that a new version of the draft law on mobilization would be submitted to the Verkhovna Rada for consideration in a few weeks.
< li>On January 24, the Head of the Committee on National Security, Alexander Zavitnevich, denied information about the introduction of a revised bill on mobilization to the Verkhovna Rada.