He also talked about the dismantling of the barricades and the injured Berkut members.
Igor Plakhuta, the new commander of the TrO
Igor Plakhuta, whom Vladimir Zelensky appointed today, February 11, to the post of commander of the Territorial Defense troops, during the Revolution of Dignity worked in Ministry of Internal Affairs and led the forces of the Internal Troops during the dispersal of the Maidan.
Ukrainian Pravda writes about.
As stated in the material, on the night of December 10, 2013, law enforcement officers cleared the government quarter from the Euromaidan barricades. Later, Plakhuta, who at that time was the head of the department of the Southern Territorial Command of the Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, said that about 400 soldiers of the internal troops and the Berkut special detachment were brought in to clear the streets.
Later he said that “people in the black ones who were dismantling the barricades were utility workers.”
Plahuta also reported about the injured Berkut members.
“As a result of the liberation of the corner of Bankova and Lutheranskaya streets from the barricades of protesters, two law enforcement officers were injured – employees of the internal troops and Berkut. This was reported by the head of the Southern Territorial Command of the Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, Major General Igor Plakhuta, who was present at the scene of the incident,” the statement says. Ukrainian Pravda material for 2013.
Then, as the publication wrote, Plakhuta said that a Berkut employee was poisoned by the gas that protesters used against him, and one serviceman suffered as a result of oppression.
On January 21, 2014, an official of the Ministry of Internal Affairs came out to the protesters for negotiations, and, as the material says, it was the current commander of the Territorial Defense troops.
In 2005–2008, Plahuta served as commander of the Separate Presidential Brigade.
As of 2009, he was commander of the 169th training center. Subsequently, he became the head of the department of the Southern Territorial Command of the Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- Today, by presidential decree, a new commander of the Territorial Defense Forces was appointed. Igor Plakhuta received the position.
- Zelensky also appointed a new commander of the Ukrainian Ground Forces. He became Major General Alexander Pavlyuk.
- Decrees appeared on the dismissal of Sergei Naev from the post of Commander of the Joint Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Yuri Sodol was appointed to this post.
- In addition, Zelensky replaced the commander of the Air Assault Forces of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. This position was held by Maxim Mirgorodsky. Igor Skibyuk became the new commander.
- On February 8, President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky dismissed General Valeriy Zaluzhny from the post of Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. He appointed Alexander Syrsky in his place.