The accrual of pension benefits to bank cards in certain situations may be temporarily “frozen”, based on careful monitoring and then the decision of the Pension Fund of Ukraine.
About how to resume the payment of pension benefits, and also in what cases they are blocked, writes NBN, referring to the Law of Ukraine “On Compulsory State Pension Insurance”, published on the official page of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
In particular, the Pension Fund suspends the accrual of payments if:
- the card/account has not been used for six months;
- information in the documentation on the basis of which the pension was issued ;— unreliable;
- the elderly citizen went abroad (you must send an application for pension renewal in advance to any territorial body of the PFU using this form);
- the death of the pension recipient is recorded.
To avoid the “freezing” of a pension card, it is necessary to regularly carry out various transactions using a pension card, for example, paying for utilities or topping up a mobile account.
To regain access to the funds, you should contact the Pension Fund for verification persons (renewal is given 10 days from the date of application), taking the same set of documents that was required to apply for the benefit.
In addition, pensioners are required to notify the Pension Fund authorities within 10 days regarding the following changes:
- in the information entered into the personal registration card in the personalized accounting system and the “State Register of Compulsory State Social Insurance”;
- about departure to other state;
- regarding circumstances that change status (for example, employment).
We previously wrote about how citizens can restore their insurance period if the employer did not pay social contributions.