• 26/05/2024 11:59

An ammonia leak occurred in Thailand: the contamination zone approached the hotels

Twitter LinkedIn

Tourists are in panic, and local authorities have announced an urgent forced evacuation of all residents within a radius of three kilometers from the scene.

This information was reported by Arbat.media, reports URA-Inform.

In the vicinity of the resort town of Pattaya in Thailand, an ice factory in the Bang Lamung area leaked dangerous ammonia gas, which is widely used in industry and medicine.

According to eyewitness reports, the number of victims has already exceeded 130 people, and local authorities quickly announced an urgent forced evacuation of all residents within a radius of three kilometers from the «distinguished» enterprises.

Some of the victims are reported to have lost consciousness and are in need of emergency medical attention. Many people complain of a burning sensation in the eyes and nasopharynx, as well as tightness in the chest.

The origin of the ammonia leak at the ice factory has not yet been clarified. It is also known that in ice production, ammonia gas is used to generate cold in ice makers. It is assumed that the leak was the result of equipment failure at the enterprise.

It is also noted that tourists in the specified area are in a state of panic as the infection zone is approaching the hotels.

We recall that it was previously reported that Poland will get rid of tons of ice cream from Ukraine: the media figured out what happened.

Źródło informacji

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *