Rashod Bateman arrest details became public after court records revealed a June 3 incident in Walton County, Georgia. The Baltimore Ravens receiver allegedly damaged a car while his 3-month-old child was inside, as reported by Baltimore Chronicle.
The case was first reported by TMZ Sports. Additional court-record details were obtained by WMAR-2 News. NFL.com also confirms that the league is reviewing the case.
What Rashod Bateman is accused of
The incident reportedly occurred around 6 a.m. on June 3. Bateman allegedly used an object to break windows on a 2021 Mercedes-Benz.
The vehicle belonged to the mother of his child. Their 3-month-old baby was seated behind the driver’s seat.
Court records say shattered glass caused several small cuts to the woman’s face. Officers also reported seeing facial contusions and glass fragments.
Bateman later surrendered to the Walton County Sheriff’s Office.
The reported charges include:
- misdemeanor battery involving family violence;
- reckless conduct;
- first-degree criminal damage to property.
The case remains unresolved. The allegations have not resulted in a conviction, and the court process is continuing.

What the Ravens and Bateman’s lawyer said
The Baltimore Ravens confirmed they knew about the Rashod Bateman case. The organization said it had remained in direct communication with the receiver.
| Party | Current position |
|---|---|
| Baltimore Ravens | Team informed the NFL and is cooperating |
| NFL | Case is under review |
| Bateman’s attorney | Says the situation was taken out of context |
| Court | Criminal proceedings remain pending |
The Ravens said they would offer no further comment because the matter remains pending. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed that the league is reviewing the case.
Attorney Jordan Siev said the family situation had been presented out of context. He said the defense would allow the facts to emerge through the court process.
What the arrest means for the Ravens receiver
The Ravens wide receiver is entering his sixth NFL season. Baltimore selected Bateman with the 27th overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.
He has recorded 157 receptions, 2,147 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns over 5 seasons. His production fell to 224 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns in 2025.
Bateman signed a 3-year extension worth $36.75 million in 2025. He has participated in training camp ahead of the 2026 season.
The immediate football consequences remain unclear. The NFL investigation into Rashod Bateman is still underway, while the Georgia criminal case remains pending.
Ear;oer we wrote about Trey Mancini Retirement: Orioles Favorite Ends Baseball Career After Eight MLB Seasons