• 22/07/2024 06:49

The main thing for Wednesday, January 3: battles near Bakhmut and Avdievka, a large exchange of prisoners

47 military clashes, enemy shelling, attacks on Kharkov. How will the 679th day of a full-scale war be remembered?

The main thing for Wednesday, January 3: battles near Bakhmut and Avdiivka, a big exchange. Captured <2> Ukrainian soldiers and civilians have now been returned from Russian captivity. President Vladimir Zelensky announced this.</p>
<p class=“Soldiers, sergeants, officers. Warriors of the Armed Forces, National Guard, Navy, border guards. Some of the defenders defended Mariupol and Azovstal,” the head of state noted.

According to the Coordination Headquarters for treatment of prisoners of war, Ukraine, with the support of the UAE, returned 230 of its people. This is the largest trade in terms of the number of defenders returned.

“Among them are representatives of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – 130 (among them TrO – 14, Navy – 14), National Guard – 55, State Border Service – 38, National Police – 1 and six civilians who were illegally deprived of their liberty,” the statement clarified. headquarters.

Minister of Internal Affairs Igor Klimenko added that most of those dismissed had been in captivity since 2022. “They courageously defended Mariupol, Azovstal. They defended the Kiev region, Kharkov region, Lugansk region, Snake Island,” the minister noted.

Among those returned there are those who had the official status of prisoners of war, confirmed through the International Committee of the Red Cross (182 people), and Ukrainian military personnel who were considered missing and had the status of “identity search” (48).

The majority of those fired were men (225), five were women. There are 213 privates and sergeants, eleven are officers. human rights Dmitry Lubinets, secretary of the headquarters Dmitry Usov.

Budanov added that this exchange had been prepared for a long time, it was complex.

Meanwhile, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported that 47 military clashes took place during the day.

In total, the enemy launched 6 missile and 42 air strikes, carried out 18 attacks from multiple launch rocket systems on the positions of our troops and populated areas. Russian terrorist attacks have unfortunately resulted in civilian casualties. Residential buildings and other civil and industrial infrastructure were destroyed and damaged. The operational situation in the east and south of Ukraine remains difficult.

In the Bakhmut direction, the Defense Forces repulsed 4 attacks near Bogdanovka and Andreevka, Donetsk region, where the enemy unsuccessfully tried to improve the tactical situation.

< In the Avdeevka direction, our defenders repelled 9 enemy attacks in the areas of Novobakhmutovka, Avdeevka and another 19 near Severny, Pervomaisky and Nevelsky. Here the invaders, with the support of aviation, unsuccessfully tried to improve the tactical situation.

Read more about the operational situation as of 18:00 on January 3 in our news.

One ​​person was killed and one was wounded as a result of missile attacks on Avdievka, the head of state said. Donetsk OVA Vadim Filashkin.

Today at about 11 am, the Russians fired 4 rockets into the city and hit a residential area.

A 51-year-old man died on the spot, a 50-year-old woman was taken to hospital with injuries.

Filashkin recalled that Avdeevka is subjected to enemy shelling every day, no one can guarantee security.

Explosions were heard in the deoccupied Snigirevka, Mykolaiv region. According to preliminary information from the head of the MBA Ivan Kukhta, a minor girl was injured.

“Unfortunately, nearby houses on the outskirts of the city were damaged by the blast wave, as a result of which among local residents there were victims who received injuries of varying severity. Among the victims there is a minor girl,” Kukhta said.

Later, the head of the Nikolaev OVA Vitaly Kim added that in the evening Russian troops fired 3 S-300 missiles at the city.

“As a result of the attack in Snegirevka, a woman, 2 men and 15 were wounded – a year-old girl who is in serious condition. She is being transported to the Nikolaev hospital,” noted the head of the OVA.

The Russian army struck, according to preliminary data, on Wednesdays in Kharkov, said the mayor of Kharkov Igor Terekhov.

“Information about the victims is being clarified. All relevant services are working at the arrival sites,” wrote Terekhov.

As reported by Brigadier General of Justice Sergei Melnik, the Russians launched strikes from the Belgorod area, previously with the S-300 air defense system.

>

The most complete picture of today is on our website. We hope that tomorrow there will be more good news.

Let's hold on and bring Victory closer!

lb.ua

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *